Voting is not just a right, it’s an opportunity to have your say on what’s important to you, your whanau and your community. This October 2016 is your chance to have a say on who represents your community and the Waikato district for the next three years.
You will be voting for:
- Waikato District Mayor (the Mayor is elected on a district-wide vote)
- Waikato District Councillors (13 Councillors are elected to represent 10 Wards, or areas, in our District)
- Community Board members (Community Boards in Huntly, Ngaruawahia, Onewhero-Tuakau, Taupiri and Raglan look after local interests and provide a link between the community and the Council)
In addition to voting for a Mayor, Councillors and Community Board members, Waikato District electors will also vote for:
- Waikato Regional Council members
- Waikato District Health Board members
- Counties Manukau District Health Board members
- Te Kauwhata Licensing Trust members
About Waikato District Council
The purpose of Waikato District Council is to meet the current and future needs of your community. This includes good-quality local infrastructure, public services and performance of regulatory functions in a way that is most cost-effective for households and businesses.
The Council is responsible for: